Copying is the best for of flattery as they say, but not with Xiaomi. They are dead serious when it comes to piracy as they dont want their Mi Fans to be enjoying the fake or counterfeit ones. Let me walk you thru how to verify your product from Xiaomi, this works for Xiaomi products with the scratch code at the bottom of the box.
All you need is to scratch it off and you will find the 20 digit code that you will need to punch in to this website.
Key in the 20 digit code on the red box that I have shown then dont forget to place the 4 digit verification code before pressing VERIFY.
If its authentic, you will see a message its verified and has been coded for the first time. If it has been coded numerous times, it means it could be a counterfeit already.
Now let me walk you thru how to troubleshoot your Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic 2 if its malfunctioning.
If your buds suddenly shuts down suddenly and 1 buds is not working, it can simply mean 3 things:
1. Software problem
2. Battery Empty
3. Hardware Problem
These steps will guide you on how to easily troubleshoot it
1. If both buds and dock has no power, all you need to do is plug in your micro usb cable to charge, remember the buds takes 90 mins to make a full charge and the dock takes 150 mins to make a full charge. Upon finishing, you can upgrade the firmware (guide is below).
2. If one bud went battery empty and cannot charge, do a reset before making a firmware update. (reset tutorial below)
3. If both buds cannot charge and cannot be reset, then it means hardware problem, bring it to the Mi Authorized Service Center for more details.
1. Hold the bud you want to reset, press the MFB Button on the bud
2. While pressing the button, place the bud to the dock while holding, keep holding the button
3. The LED will blink red, then after 5 seconds it will blink red and white instantaneously for 2 seconds before turning off.
4. Release the button and the LED will blink red before going into steady red for charging.
5. Reset successful. Do the same steps for the other bud.
How to do a Software Update via FOTA
1. Download the App from the QR Code Here:
2. Connect one bud to the phone and the other bud remains in the dock
3. Press Connect on the App and it will search for the connected Bud
4. One it detects new firmware found, press UPDATE.
5. Once done, do the same process on the other bud
So did you learned something new? Sound of below if you found this tutorial helpful.
Enjoy your Mi TWS Earbuds Basic 2!!